In case you guys didn’t know, I absolutely love baking! I think it’s so much fun to see a mess turn into something delicious. The other day I was experimenting in the kitchen, and I came up with this recipe for lemon sugar cookies. In all honesty, I’m not a huge fan of sugar cookies, but I’m absolutely in love with these!
**NOTE: these cookies don’t taste extremely lemony (that’s the way I like it haha), but if you want it to taste very lemony, add more lemon zest and lemon juice :)
LEMON SUGAR COOKIES
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon (about 1 tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine butter with sugar using an electric hand mixer or whisk. *butter should be room temperature*
- Beat the egg into the butter-sugar mixture until fully combined.
- Mix lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon zest into butter-sugar mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Combine the butter-sugar mixture with the flour mixture until it forms a dough.
- Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into balls, and place them 2 inches apart from each other on the cookie sheet. Once they are on the cookie sheet, press them down just enough so that the top of the cookie is flat. *look at pictures for reference*
- Place cookie sheet into preheated oven. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let cool & enjoy.